Friday, February 22, 2008

Hillary Clinton rallies supporters in Dallas, Fort Worth

Mrs. Clinton’s debate performance prompted Dallas resident Anita Nabejar to deliver a special gift to her. “Last night, when I saw the last part of the debate, it brought me to tears. She’s so sincere,” Ms. Nabejar said.

The 51-year-old woman said she already has asked permission of Clinton campaign workers to give the candidate a rosary of pearls and gold. It was given to her a year ago from a friend who had traveled to Rome.

“It’s been blessed,” she said.

She said she wasn’t bothered that Mrs. Clinton is Methodist. “She’s got to believe in God,” Ms. Nabejar said.

Toby Sandifer, 43, of Lake Charles, La., was one of a group of 10 residents from the Homeward Bound drug and alcohol treatment center who were awaiting Mrs. Clinton’s arrival. Mr. Sandifer said he already had voted for her.

“I’m from south Louisiana and I like Bill Clinton. I want to hear what she has to say. I like her policy on health care. Health care is important to this group. We are also HIV patients,” he said.

No comments: